Safe driving in the rains
Dear road users, the rainy season is here again and we need to be extra careful when driving in the rain. Please find below, tips for driving in the rain:
- Remember to replace old or brittle wipers. Replace them after every 6 months
- Slow down! It takes longer to stop or adjust on wet roads.
- Stay toward the middle lanes -water tends to pool in the outside lanes.
- Maintain proper following distance. Stop tailgating.
- Drive in the tracks of a car ahead of you.
- Don't follow large trucks or buses too closely. If you must overtake, do so quickly and safely.
- Be more alert when driving in wet or slippery conditions.
- Watch out for brake lights in front of you.
- In very serious conditions, look for a good place and park.
- Turn your headlights on even in a light rain